Many people today struggle with digestion issues. One of the more common symptoms is bloating – that uncomfortable feeling when things just aren’t moving along as they should. What you eat and drink plays a huge role in your digestive health, and fresh fruits and veggies can really do some good. This best juice for bloating is a tasty way to help your system work better. Let’s give it a try!
What’s In This Article
Bloating is when your abdomen feels tight, overly full, or has unusual internal pressure. It can be anywhere from a bit uncomfortable to downright excruciating. These are the typical bloating symptoms, with anywhere between 10% and 25% of categorically healthy people complaining of occasional bloating (1).
Sometimes, but not always there is there accompanying abdominal distention. Typically, bloating is an occasional, temporary condition. But it can happen cyclicly thanks to hormone fluctuations. More rarely, it can happen and not go away, a sign that you should seek medical attention to find out what the cause is.
Causes of Bloating
There are quite a few potential causes of bloating, ranging from digestive issues to hormones. The main causes fall into three main categories (2):
- Gas – SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth), IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and food sensitivities (lactose intolerance, for example) can lead to an overproduction of gas in the intestines. Even eating too fast can inhibit proper digestion leading to increased intestinal gas.
- Digestive Contents – constipation, bowel obstructions, problems moving your bowels, and weight gain all quite literally back your digestive system up with excess solids and liquids that don’t allow gas to pass through.
- Hormones – 3 in 4 women state they experience abdominal bloating associated with their menstrual cycle. Bloating is also common during perimenopause thanks to fluctuating hormone levels.
As noted in Bloating Symptoms, there are cases when abdominal bloating doesn’t go away, gets worse, or is accompanied by other symptoms (vomiting, fever). In these cases, there could be a serious underlying condition that may require medical attention.
Why Does Fennel Help with Bloating?
Fennel has been used in traditional medicine for more than forty different disorders, from respiration to reproduction (3). Why does fennel help with bloating, in particular?
Fennel has been shown to reduce bowel inflammation and the gut bacteria that produce excessive gas (4). The essential oils in fennel are thought to help increase the production of digestive fluids, thereby assisting in the digestive process, and reducing bloating further down the track.
Also helpful in combating bloating is citrus! Citrus juice, like orange and lemon, can help reduce bloating by providing hydration and soluble fiber that helps the digestive process.
Why I Love the Kuvings REVO830
I made the Mediterranean Holiday using the Kuvings REVO830 juicer. Make delicious juice FAST and so much more!
- Minimal Chopping
- Dual-Feed Produce Hopper
- Makes Smoothies, Nice Cream, and Nut Milk
- Super Quiet Operation
- Ability to Run Non-Stop for 45 Minutes
- 15-Year Warranty
- Can Clog on Pineapple and Soft Fruits
- Doesn't Fit Under Some Cabinets
- Requires Consistent Feeding
The Kuvings REVO830 takes the juicing experience to a whole new level thanks to its revolutionary dual-feed produce hopper. This feature greatly reduces your prep time by eliminating the need to chop most ingredients. Long produce like cucumbers and celery are fed whole into the vertical cut chute, while wide produce like apples and beets go in whole into the 3.5″ auto-cut hopper. Minimal chopping is needed.
The REVO830 features a powerful upgraded motor that is both very quiet and lets you run non-stop for up to 45 minutes. It not only makes delicious juice, but it also does nice cream, nut milk, sorbets, and smoothies!
Backed by an incredible 15-year warranty, I highly recommend the Kuvings REVO830 for any home juicer. I often use it in my juice-feasting journey, and I know you’ll love it, too!
Here’s the Recipe!Print
More Tasty Juices for Digestion
We’ve created many more tasty juices for digestion and here are three to get you started!
- Bloating can be a symptom of constipation, so if you’re having trouble there give this juice recipe a try.
- Pineapples are a great digestion aid and I love this simple recipe just for it!
- Try this tasty juice for gut inflammation to help with digestion.
Post a comment below if you try this recipe. We’d LOVE to hear from you!